No products in the cart.
Sunstone Laser and Micro TIG Welders
Plastic injection mold manufacturers, small tool and die workshops, prototyping labs, and precision welding repair shops can benefit from purchasing the Orion Laser or Micro TIG (Pulse Arc) Welder for their mold and die repair applications.
Typical repair costs for plastic injection molds, dies, and tools can be quite costly. Rather than scraping the mold or die, or spending thousands to get parts shipped and repaired out of house, an Orion Laser or Micro TIG is an affordable, high-tech, easy-to-use option that can dramatically improve profitability and efficiency.
Specific benefits of the LZR Combo 200 include:
- Larger opening for access to larger pieces and allows you to work more freely.
- Pulse-shape settings allow you to configure your pulse to take advantage of specific metallurgic characteristics.
- Affordable – take advantage of laser welding at a cost that is truly budget friendly.
- Superior, high-efficiency components run cooler, reducing stress on critical-wear parts, for notably longer service life and greatly reduced maintenance.
- The LZR models ensure close, repeatable control over laser parameters to deliver precise results.
- Up to 200 joules of output energy is more than enough for nearly every laser-welding application.
- High-efficiency optics enable a higher average power output from fewer joules.
- User-friendly touch-screen control.
- Advanced constant-voltage inverter power supply eliminates power spikes to deliver more effective welding and drastically extend the flashlamp life.
The Orion Micro TIG welders use pulse arc technology to create strong, precise, and clean weld spots. The Orion Micro TIG welders can fill porosity, repair manufacturing defects, add material to damaged surfaces, and run a bead of metal to create a seam weld. The Orion Micro TIG welders are capable of welding similar and non-similar metals.
The high-tech capabilities of the Orion Micro TIG welders make it ideal for mold and die repair. Weld energy can be adjusted from 0.3-250 watt-seconds or joules. Weld spot sizes can range from 0.2-4.0 mm and can penetrate up to 1mm in depth. Because the weld energy is extremely localized and lasts only a fraction of a second, operators can hold the welded parts in their fingers and thus operate with added efficiency.
For more information regarding mold and die repair, please Contact Us.