Micro Resistance - Advanced Dual Pulse CD Spot Welder
The CDDP-A Dual Pulse Advanced Capacitive Discharge Spot Welder comes in a 200, 400, and 600ws power option.
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan Subscription
The best protection your investment has ever seen!
ADVANCED FINE-SPOT RESISTANCE WELDERS
- Feedback reporting
- PLC connectivity
- Full weld head control
- 200ws, 400ws, 600ws or 1200ws power
- Roll spot
- Custom pulse limits
- Fast rise time
- On screen histogram weld data
- On screen training videos
Sunstone’s advanced dual pulse CD welders offer many capabilities including weld monitoring, SPC tools, and a large capacitive touch-screen interface. The touch-screen interface provides easy access to all weld parameters. In addition, you get a visual of the weld waveform graph, weld histograms, alarms, warnings, and even on-screen documents and videos. For automated production settings, the welder has multiple PLC protocols. You can also set up multiple machines in a simplified way thanks to the clone feature. Cloning allows you to copy all your parameters/settings and easily export/import them to other machines.
Capacitive Discharge (CD) resistance welders have many advantages over other welder types. Since CD welders use capacitors to store and release weld energy, your weld energy will be highly repeatable and will not be affected by line voltage fluctuations. You can also achieve quick energy release for welding highly conductive metals such as copper. This quick energy release is concentrated into a small area, generating only a small heat signature or heat affected zone.
Sunstone’s CDDP Welders Provides:
- A very small heat-affected zone during the weld
- Ability to easily position welds exactly where you need them
- The versatility of welding on very small, thin, and delicate metal parts
- A wide range of metals that can be welded
- Dual Pulse operation removes surface inconsistencies and contaminants
- Single or Dual Pulse operation
- Up to 90 welds/min at 60ws
- Consistency and repeatability
- A simplified repair process by eliminating soldering
- Very low maintenance on the machine
- Small compact size designed to fit on and around any work area
FEATURES AND APPLICATIONS:
- Touch-screen interface
- Set current or voltage
- Visual graph of weld waveform
- Statistical process controls
- Alarms and warnings
- Timestamp data feedback
- Full welder cloning
- Emergency Stop
- Roll-Spot Welding
- High-Precision Energy Adjustment
- Lock-Out Mode
- PLC Ready
- Import/Export weld data
- Software updates
- Multiple languages
- Save settings
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- On-screen PDFs and videos
Typical Applications of the CDDP-A Fine-Spot Resistance Welder:
- Honey comb tacking
- Battery pack welding
- Cross wire welding
- Thermocouple welding
- Copper, aluminum and brass thin sheet and wire
- Miscellaneous resistive applications
“I recently bought your CDDP-A 600 welder with WH2 weld head… one word to describe it: AMAZING! Best welder system I’ve seen so far for 18650 tab welding.
Thank you Sunstone!”
– As seen in the comments of our CDDP-A Setup Video on YouTube
Available Models Include: CD600DP-A, CD400DP-A, CD200DP-A
This product is also available online with Circle Plan!
Built In Weld Monitoring
Resistance welding can be easily controlled and monitored, with the CDDCP-A, to ensure and guarantee high-quality welding results. Several factors can be controlled to accomplish proper weld monitoring. One of the most critical factors in weld monitoring is Current Monitoring. Measuring the peak current ensures that each weld is discharged to the desired amount. The Sunstone CDDP-A measures and displays the actual peak current of the previous welds. A histogram can be displayed to view a range of your past welds. There are three types of monitoring; current, voltage, and power.
Current monitoring will deliver the programmed current regardless of workpiece resistance changes. It can compensate for slight variations in part thickness without affecting weld quality. It is best suited for welding flat parts where the part-to-part and electrode-to-part contact is controlled and consistent.
Voltage monitoring controls the voltage across the workpiece during welding. It helps to compensate for part misplacement and force problems. It automatically reduces weld splash, which is often associated with non-flat parts and wire welds. Voltage monitoring is ideal for welding round parts.
Power monitoring precisely varies the weld current and voltage to supply consistent weld energy to the parts. It is especially useful for breaking through surface oxides and plating. It should be considered for automated applications where part or electrode surface conditions can vary over time. Power monitoring extends electrode life in automated applications.
What is Dual Pulse?
What is a Dual Pulse Welder and Why is it important? A Dual Pulse Welding system uses two pulses to provide the best possible weld results.
In resistance welding, getting the electrodes seated in the right place and having good contact is vital to direct the heat to the desired area. In a resistance weld, the heat is generated due to the resistance in the gap between the parts that you are trying to weld.
If the electrodes are not adequately seated with good contact, welding can occur between the electrodes and the workpiece, rather than the desired weld location. This condition causes electrodes to stick and become embedded in the workpieces. This causes excessive wear on the electrodes and higher costs as a result.
With a dual pulse system, the first pulse is a small cleaning or seating pulse which is sent before the second (or welding pulse). The first pulse eliminates any possible contamination and electrode contact problems.
A dual pulse system will reduce weld splash, improve weld quality and consistency, reduce costs, and aid in welding plated materials. This cleaning pulse can easily be turned off if a single pulse is desired.
Roll Spot – Continuous Welding Mode
Roll Spot feature allows the users to perform a continuous string of welds for any prolonged period. As long as the trigger is activated, the welding system will continue to send a succession of welds. Roll spot allows you to roll across mesh, screen, or foil and perform welds at a set interval. This is similar to a sewing machine welding in a stitch pattern. Roll spot welding requires the use of a roller electrode and handpiece or weld head. Through the user interface, welds per second can be adjusted to get the right frequency required. Two variables will affect the distance between welds as the electrode is rolled across the surface. The first variable is the welds per second setting and the second is the speed at which the electrode is rolled across the weld area. Roll spot functionality will give you the ability to quickly and easily complete seam welds on a mesh, screen, or foil. This can be used for several applications including filters, screens, baskets, tube, and many other filtration applications.
Set Pulse Limits
Process control can be accomplished by measuring and setting monitoring limits for the peak current, power, and voltage. These limits can be adjusted for each individual application. These limits represent the range of acceptable welding strength. The CDDP-A will monitor and detect whether the peak current is within range or out of range. It can then be programmed to stop welding and send an alarm, or flag that particular weld and continue. This weld monitoring ensures that each weld is within parameters that guarantee successful welds in fully automated systems. These user set control limits help to prevent and detect weak welds.
Fast Capacitive Discharge Rise Time
The Capacitive Discharge Dual Pulse Advanced (or CDDP-A) uses energy that comes from plugging your system into the wall. That energy is stored in capacitors that are inside the CDDP-A system. These capacitors store the energy until a weld is triggered. Through the touch screen interface, the user adjusts the amount of energy that is desired in Watt Seconds. When a weld is triggered, the CDDP-A quickly discharges the stored energy from the capacitors and achieves a fast rise time. This ability to precisely control and discharge energy is the core of how the CDDP-A can achieve micro-welding results with precision and repeatability.
The Sunstone CDDP-A includes the use of a histogram to visualize the quality and constancy of welds. These histograms are used to view and analyze continuous data. Each weld in a series of welds in charted on the histogram to show the long term trends affecting the welding quality. These essential quality control features are designed and built for production and automated welding systems. The histogram can be viewed for the previous welds, and a large number of welds can be displayed to ensure continual high-quality welding performance.
Simple Touch Screen
The Sunstone CDDP-A includes a high definition full touch screen display. This touch screen interface is used to change all settings. The screen is also used to display monitoring information and as well as training videos and material. The Touch screen allows you to see everything that you need quickly and efficiently. The user interface is simple to understand and easy to adjust the necessary settings. No buttons, dials, or old readouts. The CDDP-A uses the latest touch screen and display technology to help you be more productive.
Easy Setup & Machine Cloning
Setting up the CDDP-A is simple, with detailed instructions and videos to guide you through the process. With several different configurations that will fit your needs and applications. Stop wasting your time setting up complicated machines, spending hours reading complicated manuals to perform a few simple welds. Setting up several devices with the same settings? The Sunstone CDDP-A Includes the ability to clone the settings from one machine and load them on another unit. Cloning allows you to copy all parameters/settings and easily export/ import them to another unit. This makes setting up multiple machines simple and easy.
Battery Welding with the CDDP-A
One of the typical applications for the CDDP-A is welding tabs on battery cells. These battery cells may include cylindrical cells, prismatic, pouch, and ultracapacitors.
CD welding is commonly used to weld lithium battery cells to make custom battery packs. These battery pack can be huge with thousands of welds each. The CDDP-A can be used in conjunction with a CNC robot to complete automated welds. These automated welds can drastically improve the quality and quantity of mass-producing battery packs.
The CDDP-A Includes many features that aid in battery pack manufacturing, including welding monitoring, PLC controls, remote schedule adjustment, and numerous triggering options. Learn more about how to increase your efficiency and quality by using the CDDP-A to weld batteries.
Weld Head Control System Built-In
The CDDP-A, when paired with a pneumatic head, can control the weld head and allow for a single foot pedal operation. The user can control the squeeze time, the weld settings, and the release.
This allows for precise weld timing to be controlled every time with consistency, The user can orient the parts to be welded under the electrode either through a fixture or by hand. Then simply press a single foot pedal. This will initiate the weld head and apply the set force to the weld joint.
The CDDP-A will then trigger the weld with its set timing or trigger control from the weld head. Then the weld head can be programmed to remain in a squeeze as the parts cools. Later the weld head pressure will be released. This feature allows for consistency no matter who is using the machine. This will provide more consistent and precise welding results.
Compatible with Both Manual & Pneumatic Weld Heads
The CDDP-A can be paired with several various attachments. These attachments include both weld heads and handheld weld attachments. These welding attachments help to deliver the energy from the power supply to the workpiece. Weldheads vary in configuration and drive systems. Parallel weld attachment or Dual Probe has two electrodes on one side, and make a side by side weld, such as welding a tab to a battery. An opposed or single probe welding attachment applies pressure to both sides of a weld and performs a pinch weld, such as welding two pieces of plate together. An opposed weld flows energy through the whole part. Weld heads can be controlled with both manual or foot driven operations, or by using a pneumatic drive unit to apply the pressure to the weld site.
including inputs such as Primary and Secondary Trigger, Lockout, Remote
Many automated applications require the use of PLC Communication and tools. The CDDP-A Includes many PLC functionality that allows both inputs and outputs from computerized systems. Inputs available include primary and secondary triggering, lockout functionality, and remote schedule select. Outputs that the unit sends are weld ready, weld good, weld no good, any warning, any alarm, and also emergency stop. This PLC Functionality provides for easy connections and communication with automated systems. The CDDP-A is automation-ready and can be added into a new or existing production line with ease.
Emergency Stop Compatible
Each CDDP-A welding system includes emergency stop functionality. This allows the user to set up an emergency stop that will cut the power to the welding system in case of an accident. This will prevent the machine from releasing any energy in case of an emergency situation. This safety feature is enabled on every unit and must be closed using the emergency stop bypass plug. This essential feature helps in both automated and manual welding operations and can be used in conjunction with many other safety systems to ensure the safety of the operator and the machine.
Built-in training videos and PDF’s
Having the machine set up correctly and knowing how to use it to perform welding functions is key to the success of any welding system. Here at Sunstone, We strive to make this as easy as possible, by providing detailed setup instructions, and operation training. This training can easily be accessed right from the machine itself. Built into every welding system is a library of training materials. These materials include detailed videos of settings adjustments, setup instructions, application setup, and support. This gives you the tools to be successful right from the start, right where you need them. This allows you to be operating sooner, with less downtime learning and training of the operation and set up of the machine. As always, we are here to help in your process. If your question is not answered, we are available to train and support anytime. Knowing how to use your machine is key to your success and ours, we are your partner in finding a welding solution.
Save and Load Preset Weld Schedules
Easily save the perfect settings for that application into the user interface. The Save functionality allows you to keep all of your detailed settings by only one press. Once you have identified the perfect parameters simply press the save button, name the application for easy identification, and even add notes to remember critical details of your setup or operation. When you are ready to use those settings again, simply press the load key, and find the saved settings. This will instantly load all of your settings exactly as you had them, and allow you to continue just as you left off. Save as many applications as you would like, as the save memory will accommodate as many saved settings as you like. This saves you time and effort remembering or writing down and re-entering settings each time you change applications.
Lock Out Functionality
Once a unit has been set to the proper settings and is in operations, the CDDP-A includes lockout functionality. This allows users the ability to lock the machine to any changes. This lockout enables the unit to function and perform welds, use monitoring, and trigger welds. It merely locks out any changes to the settings. This lockout can be turned off and on with a simple passcode that allows and disallows any changes. Lockout is essential in production environments where numerous users use the machine. This allows a single user to set up and tune the welds in, then apply the lockout. Once production has started, each weld will be consistent and unchanged.
Introducing the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
HOW A SMALL MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION CAN PROVIDE A LARGE UMBRELLA OF PROTECTION!
For your welder, it's a scary world out there! Welders get dropped, get abused, or just stop working. You have to protect your welder for any unfortunate incident. And the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan is an innovative way to safeguard your welder investment.
Just another warranty extension plan?
Anybody can sell you another year or two of warranty coverage. The Sunstone Circle is much, much more than an extended warranty. Here's what a small monthly subscription will deliver in peace of mind and exceptional customer service:
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
For as long as your welder is covered by the Sunstone Circle your warranty never expires. You’ll never deal with lifeless warranty extensions, but rather enjoy a forever warranty. And that’s a big circle of protection!
If you need a loaner unit while your welder is being repaired, we’ll send one. We’re going to do all we can to keep your production levels up. If you’re in the circle, we’ll take care of you!
Sometimes it makes more sense to simply replace a welder with the newest model rather than make a repair. At Sunstone’s discretion, we’ll send you the newest model to keep your shop happy and healthy!
Free Software Upgrades
When your welder is powered by the latest software improvements your shop becomes more productive and capable. You’ll have access to all software upgrades when you join the Sunstone Circle!
Should your Sunstone welder ever need repair, we’ll cover the shipping costs for ground service within the United States. If you need it faster, simply pay the difference. Need it shipped internationally? Give us a call!
Expedited Customer Service
At Sunstone every customer is a VIP, but when you’re part of the circle your request for customer service gets moved to the front of the line. You get extra attention! Just another perk when you subscribe today.
More Valuable Member Benefits!
You’ll receive snazzy Sunstone swag, a subscription to Micro Welding Today magazine, invitations to VIP events, Inside the Circle e-newsletter, and new product trial opportunities. Call now to join the circle!
Sunstone Circle FAQ’s
• Can I place any welder in the protection plan? - Any Sunstone welder can be added to the protection plan but only at the time it is purchased. If you already own a Sunstone welder, you may be better served by an extended warranty.
• How long is my welder’s warranty under the protection plan? - Your welder is under warranty for as long as you remain subscribed to the plan for that particular welder. At Sunstone’s discretion, at some point your welder may be replaced by a new model if replacement makes more sense than repair.
• What is the subscription price for my welder? - The monthly subscription rate changes based on the list price of your welder at the time it is sold. Subscriptions start at $15 per month per welder. Call your Sunstone representative for a quote specific to the welder you wish to purchase.
• How does the loaner part of the plan work? - If your Sunstone welder needs repair at our facility, we’ll provide your shop with a similar model while yours is being repaired. As a result, your shop remains productive.
• Can I cancel my subscription at any time? - We may be confused why, but you can cancel your plan anytime after the first year. If you cancel, you will not be able to reactivate your subscription for the same welder. Sunstone reserves the right to cancel your subscription at our discretion.
• Free shipping? Anywhere in the United States? - Yes! If your welder needs repair we’ll pay for any necessary shipping costs via ground service. If you need it faster, just pay the difference. If you live outside the United States, call us and we’ll work to reduce the shipping costs accordingly.
• How can I review all of the plan’s terms of service? - Ask your Sunstone sales representative to include the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan in your quote!
Terms of Service
These terms of service (as amended from time to time, this “Agreement”) is between Sunstone Engineering LLC, a Utah limited liability company (collectively, “Company,” “we,” or “us) and the subscriber as identified on the applicable order form (“Customer,” “you,” or “your”) and sets forth the details of the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan (“Plan”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before subscribing to the Plan. By subscribing to the Plan the Customer acknowledges its acceptance of this Agreement and represents that Customer is authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of itself and/or its organization.
1. Warranty Details - We will repair or replace your covered welder without cost to you for any defect in design, manufacturer, damage incurred during shipping to/from your facility to ours, or for normal wear and tear. Intentional damage is not covered by the Plan. Accidental damage or destruction that is covered by any property insurance policy is excluded by the Plan. Damage due to shipping and covered by the shipping agent is not covered by the Plan. Any accidental damage or destruction due to civil unrest, earthquake, war, or any other natural or manmade event similar to the aforementioned is not covered by the Plan.
2. Loaner Provisions - Should your welder require repair at our facility, we will ship a similar welder to you for use while your welder is being repaired. We will cover the cost of shipping the loaned welder via ground service to and from your facility. Electrodes, handpieces, compressed gas, and all other ancillary hardware and equipment is excluded from the Plan. You assume full liability for the loaned welder when delivered to your facility and accept all financial responsibility for damage. The loaned welder is not covered by the Plan. You agree to return the loaned welder to the Company within 14 days after your welder has been repaired and received by you. For international shipping, the Plan will pay a portion of the shipping costs, an amount determined solely by the Company and subsequently communicated to you in writing.
3. Replacement Provisions - At the Company's discretion, we may elect to replace your welder that is covered by the Plan rather than repair it. Should we decide to replace your welder, we will replace it with the current model, a similar model, a refurbished model, or offer a discount on a new model. We will ship the replacement at our expense via ground service to your facility.
4. Complimentary Shipping Provisions - The Plan will pay for any necessary shipping for repairs via ground service within the United States. You may choose to have your welder shipped via air or any other type of expedited service but agree to pay the difference in cost between ground and the other service. For international shipping, the Plan will pay a portion of the shipping costs, an amount determined solely by the Company and subsequently communicated to you in writing. You agree to cover any and all shipping charges for undeliverable packages, after-hours or weekend delivery, refused delivery, special handling, or any other charge similar to the aforementioned.
5. Software Upgrade Provisions - From time to time the Company will make changes to the software used to operate specific models of its welders. You will receive a notification, electronically or otherwise, when these upgrades are ready for download. Follow the software upgrade instructions that came with your welder.
6. Expedited Customer Service Provisions - When you contact Sunstone Customer Service and identify yourself as a Sunstone Circle Protection Plan subscriber, your request for customer service will be prioritized higher than other requests from customers who are not subscribed to the Plan.
7. Other Plan Benefits - For as long as you are subscribed to the Plan you will receive issues of the Micro Welding Today magazine as they become available without charge. You will also receive the Inside the Circle newsletter electronically as they become available. You will receive invitations to meet with Company representatives at key industry events. The Plan does not include costs you may incur to attend those events. From time to time the Company will develop new products or enhance existing products and may make these products available to you for testing. You are under no obligation to purchase these new products; however, your use, examination, or feedback is requested. Upon your authorization, we will ship these new products to your facility for 30 days of examination upon which time you will return the product to Sunstone using the original packaging. The plan will pay for all shipping costs. Your participation in trial use of these products is voluntary.
8. Plan Payment and Terms - You agree to pay the monthly subscription by automated electronic transfer (ACH) or credit card. Charges will appear on your banking or credit card statement as Sunstone Engineering LLC. You will not receive a monthly invoice. You agree to remain subscribed to the Plan for twelve consecutive months. Should you cancel before the initial 12-month term ends, you will be responsible for any and all costs incurred to collect the remaining subscription. You may cancel the Plan at any time after the initial twelve months. To cancel, send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Sunstone Engineering LLC, Attn: Accounting, 1693 American Way Ste 5, Payson UT 84651 USA.
9. Force Majeure - The Company's ability to fulfill its obligations under the Plan is subject to acts of God, war, government regulation, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or any other emergency beyond the Company's control, making it impossible to perform its obligations under this Agreement. Either party may cancel this Agreement for any one or more of such reasons upon written notice to the other.
10. Changes, Alterations, and Cancellations - The Company retains the right to change, alter, modify, or cancel the Plan or cancel only your subscription at any time with or without cause with written notice. The Company's obligations under the Plan prior to cancellation will be fulfilled according to this Agreement.
11. Dispute Resolution - In the event of a disagreement in which you and the Company are unable to reach a mutually agreeable resolution, you agree to use a licensed mediator appointed by the Company to resolve all disputes. Each party shall be responsible for the costs they incur for mediation.
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.
Only for registered users
Only for registered users
Only for registered users
Only for registered users