The Sunstone Linear DC welder is a completely unique resistance welding system with closed-loop feedback. Utilizing new patent pending technologies, the Linear DC welder has the power of a High-Frequency Inverter and the precision of a Linear DC. As mentioned, this is a completely unique product. It isn’t an HF welder since it does not require an external transformer, and it isn’t like typical Linear DC welders because it doesn’t use transistors to control the energy output. Yet, this product is able to perform the same functions as both of these technologies, and in most cases it has capabilities that exceed those of other HF or Linear DC welders – offering high repetition rates, fine low-energy control, and short or long weld times – without any of the drawbacks and inconveniences.
Sunstone Linear DC Welder Feature:
- 10″ Touch Screen Interface
- High-Speed Advanced Closed-Loop Feedback
- Pre-Weld and Weld Monitoring
- Fast Rise Times, and Long Weld Times
- Single Phase Power input – 110VAC or 220VAC
- No External Weld Transformer Required
- Fully Automatable
- Updateable Software
- Current, Voltage, and Power Control Modes
The Linear DC welder features many attractive selling points that can cater to a multitude of users. The most visible aspect is the 10″ touchscreen interface which offers quick access to the welder controls. The adjustability and control of the weld settings is greatly streamlined by the intuitive interface, and users can customize the interface to display preferred information and/or controls. Also related to the interface, is the ability to update the welder’s software. This allows users to update features, functions, and capabilities effortlessly. This also means that custom software can be created based on specific customer requirements.
When it comes time to weld with the Linear DC, users have from 10-4000 amps of weld current. The weld time duration can range from 0.1 up to 1000 milliseconds and is also adjustable by 0.01ms increments. In addition to setting weld current, voltage, or power, and the weld time for upslopes, welds, and downslopes, the linear DC welder can introduce high-frequency agitation to each of these weld parameters. This agitation feature provides additional weld penetration, more uniform metal crystallization, stronger weld joints, and can facilitate stronger weld joints with lower overall heat input.
Typical Sunstone Linear DC Welder Applications
Battery Packs & Cells
Cathode Ray Tubes
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.