The open laser was developed primarily for precise laser welding work on large pieces. The mold & die and plastic injection industries can save thousands of dollars by repairing their pieces instead of replacing them. The Orion open laser allows for those laser welding repairs. From it’s generator to the fiber optic output, the Orion open makes fast work of shaping and adding metal to worn or damaged areas on pieces as large as 1000x1000mm. Mounted on an articulating arm, the Orion open laser can easily move to a position needed to make the repairs. The power range is impressive as it is adjustable from 0.1 to 200 joules.
- Pulse-shape settings allow you to configure your pulse to take advantage of specific metallurgic characteristics.
- Superior, high-efficiency components run cooler, reducing stress on critical-wear parts, for notably longer service life and greatly reduced maintenance.
- The LZR models ensure close, repeatable control over laser parameters to deliver precise results.
- High-efficiency fiber optics enable a higher average power output from fewer joules.
- User-friendly touch-screen control.
- Advanced constant-voltage inverter power supply eliminates power spikes to deliver more effective welding and drastically extend the flashlamp life.