Omega PA250i Welding System
The most powerful Sunstone pulse arc welder delivers 250 joules of energy with precision and accuracy.
When your production needs require more welding power, turn to Sunstone’s Omega PA250i Welding System, where maximum digital energy control is combined with maximum energy availability. With 250 joules of power your welding capabilities are greatly increased. Available in three different configurations, the PA250i fits any production floor: In your shop, in an automated production line, or anywhere in between.
We deliver worldwide
We accept returns
Sunstone’s Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder Provides:
- A very small heat affected zone during weld
- Ability to easily position welds exactly where you need them
- The versatility of welding of very small, thin, and delicate metal parts
- A wide range of metals that can be welded
- Simple and easy to use touch screen interface
- High level of precision with microscope
- Consistency and repeatability
- A simplified repair process by eliminating soldering
- Quality welds
- Very low maintenance on machine
- Small compact size designed to fit on and around any work bench.
Overview and Applications
The Omega PA250i Copper Tab Battery Welder is capable of welding highly conductive metals such as copper and aluminum. It also comes in a CNC version that is capable of performing all the same tasks with the assistance of a CNC table.
This system brags an all new design and performance. This latest update takes all of the great features from our previous model and adds to it a new motorized weld head adding greater control, precision, and uniformity to every weld. Manufacturers can produce lighter, more compact battery packs without compromising power or capacity.
Features and Benefits of the Sunstone Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder:
- Solderless Connections – The metals are fused together at the weld spot for a continuous connection and no voltage drops.
- Clean Weld Spots – During the welding process, surface contaminants are burned off, allowing for strong, clean welds.
- Weld Dissimilar Metals – Sunstone Spot Welders can weld any combination of metals, such as Copper to Aluminum.
- Small Heat Affected Zone – The heat-affected zone (HAZ) is very small and very localized to ensure no degradation to the battery. The 250i provides enough energy to make the weld without affecting the integrity of the cell.
More About the Omega PA250i Copper Tab Battery Welder System
The Omega PA250i is the perfect copper battery tab welder. The Omega PA250i has a new design to give superior performance. This newest update takes all of the great features from our previous EV copper tab battery welder, and adds to it a new motorized weld head for greater control, precision, and uniformity to every weld. The power supply has also been upgraded to offer superior control and fine-tunabilty to guarantee the perfect weld can be achieved. Manufacturers can produce lighter, more compact, and more efficient battery packs without compromising power or capacity.
One of the biggest challenges when welding EV batteries is finding a welder capable of welding highly conductive metals such as copper and aluminum. Inside a lithium-ion battery are various copper and/or aluminum components that carry the electrical current (such as buss bars). These components are commonly joined to either similar or dissimilar materials to facilitate the electric current. If the joint is not made properly, there is a potential for voltage drops due to the resistance between the two pieces. The Omega PA250i welder is capable of overcoming some of these challenges, thus opening new doors in the world of EV battery welding, specifically by being able to weld copper tabs to battery cans.
The Omega PA250i in Action
Customer Spotlight on Vantage Power
The Omega PA250i CNC Version
Sunstone’s Omega PA250i copper battery tab welder also comes in a CNC version that is capable of performing all the same tasks with the assistance of a CNC table. Watch the below video to see it in action.
- Micro TIG (Pulse Arc) Welder Specifications
Tabletop Footprint (L x W x H)12x12x50 cm
Welding Energy Range (Joules)0.2-250 Joules
Weld Spot Diameter Range≈ 0.1 - 4.5 mm
Display (Touch Screen)25 cm
Max Weld Speed1 weld/0.5 seconds
Available Weld Energy Settings20,000
High Frequency Agitation OptionsAdvanced
Save Setting SpacesUnlimited
5x Microscope MagnificationYes
Microscope IR & UV Eye ProtectionYes
20+ On-screen LanguagesYes
Arc Start TechnologyYes
Basic Screen Metal PresetsYes
On-screen Training VideosYes
Adaptive Weld IgnitionYes
Dynamic Energy AdjustmentYes
Multiple Welding WaveformsYes
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.