Omega PA250i Welding System
When your production needs require more welding power, turn to Sunstone’s Omega PA250i Welding System, where maximum digital energy control is combined with maximum energy availability. With 250 joules of power your welding capabilities are greatly increased. Available in three different configurations, the PA250i fits any production floor: In your shop, in an automated production line, or anywhere in between.
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan Subscription
The best protection your investment has ever seen!
The Case for Copper
One of the biggest challenges when welding EV batteries is finding a welder capable of welding highly conductive metals such as copper and aluminum. Inside a lithium-ion battery are various copper and/or aluminum components that carry the electrical current (such as buss bars). These components are commonly joined to either similar or dissimilar materials to facilitate the electric current. If the joint is not made properly, there is a potential for voltage drops due to the resistance between the two pieces. The Omega PA250i welder is capable of overcoming some of these challenges, thus opening new doors in the world of EV battery welding, specifically by being able to weld copper tabs to battery cans.
With copper tabs, power cell efficiency significantly improves. And when the customer experience is all about battery performance, copper is king!
1.18 x 107σ
5.96 x 10 7σ
1.68 x 10-8ρ
8.50 x 10-8ρ
Copper tabs will connect your power cells more efficiently and do it for more than half the price compared to some nickel.
as of OCT 2020
|USD $3.09/lbs||USD $7.16/lbs||57% |
With copper, attach a thicker tab for a larger spot size and improved peel strength. Plus, the heat affected zone is small, quick and won’t damage the power cell’s internal components.
|Nugget Area||5.06mm2||0.29mm2||17x |
|Nugget Diameter||2.54mm||0.61mm||4x |
|Peel Strength||10kg/22lbs||6kg/13lbs||66% |
|Thickness||0.010 - 0.020”||0.005 - 0.010”||2x |
Sunstone’s Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder Provides:
|Dissimilar Welding Capabilities||Copper to steel, copper to aluminum, nickel to steel—ideal for battery welding!|
|3 Available Configurations||1) Stylus only|
2) Weld head
3) CNC table
|250 Ws Max Energy||The most powerful Sunstone pulse arc micro welder yet!|
|Weld materials 0.003-.030” (0.075-0.75mm) in thickness||Perfect for attaching copper tabs to power cells|
|Digital Control||Adjust and control all energy attributes with color touch screen|
|Visual Waveform Graphs||View energy waveforms and histograms|
|PLC-Ready||With 5 outputs/2 inputs easily integrates into your production process|
|CNC Compatibility||Attaches to any CNC table, like the Janome Cartesian Robot, for maximum production levels|
|127 Remote Schedules||Saves time with access to saved welds|
|Import/Export Saved Welds||Easily transfer settings to other units|
|Lock-Out Mode||Prevent changes to production settings|
|Alarms and Warnings||Avoid time-consuming errors or potentially hazardous conditions|
|Built-in Training||How-to videos always at your fingertips|
|WiFi Software Upgrades||On-board software is easily maintained|
Overview and Applications
The Omega PA250i Copper Tab Battery Welder is capable of welding highly conductive metals such as copper and aluminum. It also comes in a CNC version that is capable of performing all the same tasks with the assistance of a CNC table.
This system brags an all new design and performance. This latest update takes all of the great features from our previous model and adds to it a new motorized weld head adding greater control, precision, and uniformity to every weld. Manufacturers can produce lighter, more compact battery packs without compromising power or capacity.
Features and Benefits of the Sunstone Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder:
- Solderless Connections – The metals are fused together at the weld spot for a continuous connection and no voltage drops.
- Clean Weld Spots – During the welding process, surface contaminants are burned off, allowing for strong, clean welds.
- Weld Dissimilar Metals – Sunstone Spot Welders can weld any combination of metals, such as Copper to Aluminum.
- Small Heat Affected Zone – The heat-affected zone (HAZ) is very small and very localized to ensure no degradation to the battery. The 250i provides enough energy to make the weld without affecting the integrity of the cell.
More About the Omega PA250i Copper Tab Battery Welder System
The Omega PA250i is the perfect copper battery tab welder. The Omega PA250i has a new design to give superior performance. This newest update takes all of the great features from our previous EV copper tab battery welder, and adds to it a new motorized weld head for greater control, precision, and uniformity to every weld. The power supply has also been upgraded to offer superior control and fine-tunabilty to guarantee the perfect weld can be achieved. Manufacturers can produce lighter, more compact, and more efficient battery packs without compromising power or capacity.
The Omega PA250i in Action
Customer Spotlight on Vantage Power
The Omega PA250i CNC Version
Sunstone’s Omega PA250i copper battery tab welder also comes in a CNC version that is capable of performing all the same tasks with the assistance of a CNC table. Watch the below video to see it in action.
- Micro TIG (Pulse Arc) Welder Specifications
Welding Energy Range (Joules)0.2-250 Joules
Weld Spot Diameter Range≈ 0.1 - 4 mm
Display (Touch Screen)25 cm
Max Weld Speed1 weld/0.5 seconds
Available Weld Energy Settings20,000
High Frequency Agitation OptionsAdvanced
Save Setting SpacesUnlimited
5x Microscope MagnificationYes
Microscope IR & UV Eye ProtectionYes
20+ On-screen LanguagesYes
Arc Start TechnologyYes
Basic Screen Metal PresetsYes
Adaptive Weld IgnitionYes
Dynamic Energy AdjustmentYes
Multiple Welding WaveformsYes
Introducing the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
HOW A SMALL MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION CAN PROVIDE A LARGE UMBRELLA OF PROTECTION!
For your welder, it's a scary world out there! Welders get dropped, get abused, or just stop working. You have to protect your welder for any unfortunate incident. And the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan is an innovative way to safeguard your welder investment.
The Sunstone Circle is much, much more than an extended warranty. Here's what a small monthly subscription will deliver in peace of mind and exceptional customer service:
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
For as long as your welder is covered by the Sunstone Circle your warranty never expires. You’ll never deal with lifeless warranty extensions, but rather enjoy a forever warranty. And that’s a big circle of protection!
If you need a loaner unit while your welder is being repaired, we’ll send one. We’re going to do all we can to keep your production levels up. If you’re in the circle, we’ll take care of you!
Sometimes it makes more sense to simply replace a welder with the newest model rather than make a repair. At Sunstone’s discretion, we’ll send you the newest model to keep your shop happy and healthy!
Free Software Upgrades
When your welder is powered by the latest software improvements your shop becomes more productive and capable. You’ll have access to all software upgrades when you join the Sunstone Circle!
Should your Sunstone welder ever need repair, we’ll cover the shipping costs for ground service within the United States. If you need it faster, simply pay the difference. Need it shipped internationally? Give us a call!
Expedited Customer Service
At Sunstone every customer is a VIP, but when you’re part of the circle your request for customer service gets moved to the front of the line. You get extra attention! Just another perk when you subscribe today.
More Valuable Member Benefits!
You’ll receive snazzy Sunstone swag, a subscription to Micro Welding Today magazine, invitations to VIP events, Inside the Circle e-newsletter, and new product trial opportunities. Call now to join the circle!
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.