Orion s Series Micro TIG Welders
The Orion s Series boasts a power potential of up to 250 joules of pulse-arc weld energy. While powerful, the s Series is perfect for low power needs as well—yielding as little as 1 joule of energy. Even with such a large range in power, full control is maintained as the s Series is adjustable in 0.2 joule increments. Whether an application requires high power welding needs or intricate, precise welds around precious components, the Orion s Series offers a versatile, compact, and affordable welding system in an easy-to-use package.
Why Buy an Orion s-Series Welder?
Precision and Power, Full Touch Screen, Weld Ignition, Weld Speed Modes, Highest Quality Standards, Superior Customer Service, Welding Made Simple, updates and more!
Orion welding systems come with everything you need to hit the ground running.
We deliver worldwide
We accept returns
The Precision Micro-Welder Technology You Need!
The Orion 150s is the ideal welding tool for any micro-welding application. The s Series welders can be seen in laboratories, universities and research & development institutions around the globe.
150s Introduction Video
How Does it Work?
Electrical Energy – Plasma Discharge
Micro TIG/Pulse Arc welding uses electrical energy to create a plasma discharge. The high-temperature plasma, in turn, melts metal in a small spot. This process takes place in milliseconds. The process is clean and very controllable – perfect for intricate and minute welding applications on precious and non-precious metals!. Filler metal can also be added to build up joints and create strong and reliable weld “beads”, or weld seams.
Two in One Combo
The Orion is a Micro TIG (also known as Pulse-arc) welder and a capacitive discharge resistance welder in one. This combination of abilities allows for infinite creative possibilities. In its "Arc Mode" (micro TIG/pulse-arc welding), the can be used to perform permanent welds, add metal, and do a variety of other amazing and time-saving applications. In its "Tack Mode" (capacitive discharge resistance welding), the can be used to temporarily position parts before welding or soldering.
The Basic Principle of the Orion Welding System is very simple.
1.) Attach The Grounding Clip
2.) Use the Specialized Microscope that is focused on the Welding Electrode Tip.
3.) Simply Touch the workpiece to the electrode and a weld is triggered.
4.) A Perfect Weld Every Time!
Welder Max Power150 Joule, 250 Joule
Welder ModelMicroscope Arm, Auto Darkening Lens
- Micro TIG (Pulse Arc) Welder Specifications
Tabletop Footprint (L x W x H)41x33x40 cm
Welding Energy Range (Joules)1-150, 250 Joules
Weld Spot Diameter Range≈ 0.5 - 3.5 mm
Display (Touch Screen)20 cm
Max Weld Speed1 weld/0.5 seconds
Available Weld Energy Settings280
High Frequency Agitation OptionsMultiple
Save Setting Spaces100
5x Microscope MagnificationYes
Microscope IR & UV Eye ProtectionYes
20+ On-screen LanguagesYes
Arc Start TechnologyYes
Basic Screen Metal PresetsYes
On-screen Training VideosYes
Why Buy an Orion s-Series Welder?
Precision and Power
Select power in 0.2 Ws increments up to 250 Ws (depending on the model) —That’s over 1000 available power settings! Weld spot sizes range from 0.5mm up to 4.5mm depending on the model). Whatever it is you weld, Orion has the power to get the job done precisely.
Full Touch Screen
The Orion touch screen gives you complete control of your welder with an easy to use interface. No knobs or dials, just one touch access to everything you need including a multimedia page full of instructional videos and documents. This makes our welders intuitive to use and easily upgradeable for future features as they are released in free software updates.
This technology prolongs the life of the electrode by monitoring and lifting the electrode prior to releasing the weld. This safeguards the electrode from misfires and sticking to the workpiece. In turn, you spend more time welding and less time sharpening an electrode.
Weld Speed Modes
Take control of the speed of your system. Select one of two modes — single (1 weld p/sec) or rapid (up to 5 welds p/sec) and keep the work pace at the speed you want—not where the welder dictates.
Highest Quality Standards
When you purchase an Orion 150s, take confidence in knowing that it was designed, produced, and assembled to the highest quality standards in the industry—in other words, it’s the best you can buy.
Superior Customer Service
Before, during, and after the sale, we want to be your resource for years to come. We guarantee that every interaction with our company will be courteous and friendly in answering your questions or helping in any way we can.
Welding Made Simple
The 3 step process to setting your weld parameters.
Orions Basic Screen makes it easy to find the perfect settings for your weld.
1. Select the metal you are working with to setup the optimum waveform.
2. Select your joint type to get the best weld ignition.
3. Select your power to achieve the best melt spot.
Additional Weld Parameter Options
Select Trigger Type then push Play.
How to trigger your weld.
In Pulse Arc welding the Arc Gap is vitally important in both a good weld and a constant weld. The Orion Sylus Handpiece has a built-in retract feature that will produce the perfect weld gap every time. This allows for a perfect, consistent weld gap everytime you weld. Below are the simple trigger options that are quick, easy and precise.
Every Orion Welding System uses “Touch Detect” weld activation. This is the recommended trigger operation for pulse arc mode because it allows you quick, accurate, and simple weld triggers, However in Tack mode foot pedal is best. “Touch Detect” is used by simply connecting the ground and touching the electrode to your workpiece, and let the machine do the rest. Touch Detect allows you to work without having to constantly search for a foot pedal. All of the parts needed are easily in sight and within reach. Touch detect also allows you to trigger welds with greater precision, as you touch exactly where you want the weld to be. There is no missing & hitting your fingers or out of focus welds, just perfect weld each time you touch the piece.
Most of the Orion Welding systems(Excluding mPulse) include the “Foot Pedal” trigger system. This includes the foot switch that will allow you to trigger the welds only when the foot pedal is pressed. The foot pedal is recommended when using the Tack function. This is great for when you need extreme precision. You simply connect the foot switch into the unit, select “Foot Pedal” on the main screen. You bring the electrode into contact with the piece, and once everything is in perfect position press the foot pedal. This feature is especially handy when welding in a groove, or pocket, this will prevent you from welding on the sides, and ensure that you get the weld where you want it.
Keep Up To Date
Easily keep your Orion up to date using the update over WiFi Function.
Updating Made Simple!
- Select “Update Welder Over WiFi”
- Connect to your Wifi Network
- Ensure internet connection
- Your Orion will search for the most up to date software
- If new software is available, Orion will download and install this for you automatically
- Updates also available through USB if no Wifi is available
What comes with your Orion s-Series Welding System?
Every Orion s-Series Welding System includes the following items:
(International Converter Included)Alligator Grounding Clips
Stylus Hand Piece
(Pre-Installed with 1.0mm Collet)
Jump Ring Pliers
(5 - 1mm & 5 – 0.5mm)Shuttered Microscope or Auto Darkening Lens (depending on the model you choose)
(Mounted on Articulating Arm)Argon Tubing
(1/4″ OD Clear Argon Tubing)Microscope Cover
(1 Count)Microscope Eye Covers
(1 Set)Hex Wrench Set
(Every Hex wrench used on the Orion included)0.5mm & 1.0mm Collets
(For use with Orion Tungsten Electrodes)Foot Pedal
(Used to precisely trigger welds)Fiberglass Brush
(Used to clean blackness from weld area)Diamond Disc
(For Use with any Rotary Tool to Sharpen Electrodes and Clean them)
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.