Argon Tank - Premium Argon Gas (Not a Refill)
If you have ordered a tank with us before and are needing a refill, please click here
Can only ship in the USA - Ground Shipping only
Argon is used as a shielding gas in Sunstone's Orion Welding Systems. During the welding, process metals are exposed to temperatures of upwards of 7000 Degrees. At these temperatures, most metals become liquid, which allows the formation of the weld. Argon is used to protect the molten pool of metal against elements in the Atmosphere including Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Hydrogen. These elements cause reactions with the liquid weld pool, such as porosity and increased weld spatter. Argon also plays an important role in maintaining Arc stability, which leads to increased weld penetration, better filler wire transfer, and better weld appearance.Sunstone's Premium argon is 99.996% pure Argon (Argon 4.6). Pure Argon refers to the gas being just Argon, and not mixed with another gas.
About How Long Should My Argon Tank Last?
It depends on a number of different factors, such as frequency of use, pressure setting, and pre/post flow settings. Sunstone's premium argon comes in an 40 scf tank, which is the most common size for use with Sunstone's Orion Welding Systems. A 40 scf tank will last 6-9 months on average, depending on use.
Will I Need an Argon Regulator?
Yes, if you do not already have a gas regulator please click here to order the AGR 2 regulator.
We strongly recommend purchasing the AGR 2 regulator from us to ensure that you will have the proper type of regulator to match the tank we send you.
"AGR Inline" regulator will not work with these tanks
What is The Recommended Argon Pressure?
Sunstone's Orion Welding systems work best at around 10 PSI. The pressure can be adjusted depending on the workpiece and how far the electrode protrudes from the welding stylus. The further out the electrode, the more argon pressure will be required in order to get proper coverage.
Gas Tank OptionsAGRTK-NR - Gas Tank without Regulator, Gas Tank with Pulse Arc Regulator for 1/4" Tubing, Gas Tank with Laser Regulator for 8mm Tubing
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.