Orion mPulse Permanent Jewelry Welder™
- The most popular Permanent Jewelry Welder™ in the world!
- Simple touchscreen control
- All the power you need for permanent jewelry and more!
- Quality US Manufacturing and US-based Customer Service
- 2-year Warranty
The Most Popular Permanent Jewelry Welder™
More permanent jewelry artists choose the Orion mPulse than any other pulse arc welder. How do we know that? Just do a quick social media search and take notice of which welder successful artists are using. It's the Orion mPulse. And here's why:
- Made in the USA. You can count on quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- US-Based Sales and Service. When you need help we're only a text or phone call away.
- High Value and Quick ROI. It won't take many bracelets to pay for your Orion mPulse.
- Permanent Jewelry Features. No fancy feature set; just what you need to close a link.
- Easy to Learn and Use. Just use your finger to select a power level and you're ready to go.
- Sets Up Quickly. You only need a few minutes to set up and prep for your customers.
- Travels Easily. It's tabletop-design lets you work at jewelry parties, fairs, or in your shop.
- A Jewelry Pedigree. Designed for the bench jeweler and their craft.
- 2-year Warranty or Forever Warranty. Take one year of coverage or subscribe to the Sunstone Circle for lifetime protection.
Certified Safe for You and Your Customers!
Most Orion permanent jewelry welders are ETL and CE certified now or in the process of becoming certified. For you and your customers, you'll never worry about jolting shocks of energy that will negatively impact your reputation or cause injury. ETL certification includes ASME, ASTM, ANSI, CSA, NFPA, NOM, NSF, and UL testing.
Made in the USA Quality
All Orion permanent jewelry welders are proudly made in the USA. When you purchase an Orion permanent jewelry welder you can be confident of welder quality and safety—and support American workers.
Friendly US-Based Customer Service
Help is just a phone call away! In minutes you'll be speaking with a US-based, native-English speaking and experienced customer service representative ready to solve your permanent jewelry welding challenges. Call or text +1 801-658-0015. Our customers love our products but they rave about our service!
A Brand You Can Trust
Sunstone has been manufacturing micro welders for more than fifteen years! We're constantly making improvements and adjustments to our customers' benefit. When you choose an Orion permanent jewelry welder you can be confident in quality, safety, and reliability.
Continuously Improving to Serve You
As a certified ISO 9000/2015 organization, Sunstone is continuously improving processes and procedures that result in higher quality and the absolute best customer service.
How Does it Work?
Pulse arc welding (or micro TIG welding) uses electrical energy to create a plasma discharge. The high-temperature plasma, in turn, melts metal in a very small spot, a process that takes place in milliseconds. The process is clean, safe, and controllable. Pulse arc welding is perfect for permanent jewelry and closing fine chain of different metal types.
Permanent Jewelry in 6 Easy Steps
ONE: Measure Out the Chain
After your customer has chosen their preferred chain, wrap the chain around the wrist or ankle and determine a fit that is not too tight nor too loose. Mark the link on the chain you will cut.
TWO: Cut the Chain
Using the cutting pliers that come with the Sunstone Permanent Jewelry Kit, cut one side of the link in half. Do NOT cut the whole link in half. Make sure the cut link does not fall off the chain.
THREE: Prep the Link for Welding
Using the two chain pliers that come with your kit, bend the two ends of the cut link away from each other to create a gap wide enough to slide the uncut link (on the opposite side of the chain) through the cut link. Then bend the ends of the cut link back together. This step is much easier if you purchase the Orion mPulse with 5x microscopic optics.
FOUR: Keep Your Customers Safe
Place your customer's wrist or ankle under the automatic darkening lens, with the lens facing the customer. Instruct others in the room not to look directly at the chain when welding. Place the protective leather patch between the chain and your customer's skin to prevent a burn, which is unlikely but possible. Make sure your customer records the next step and posts to social media.
FIVE: Weld the Link Closed
On the Orion mPulse, select the power you'll need to weld the link closed. If you're unsure, start with a low amount of power, like 3 joules. Using the chain pliers that come with your kit, apply pressure to both ends of the cut link to bring them together. While maintaining pressure on both ends with the pliers, touch the joint to the electrode. The Orion mPulse will create a weld. Check the weld for position and strength.
SIX: Polish the Chain
Take the fiberglass brush that comes with your kit and polish the weld. Some types of metal will leave more soot than others.
What's in the Box
- Orion mPulse permanent jewelry welder™ with stylus, 3-30 Joules
- ADL Darkening lens system with RJ45 cable OR Advanced ADL with RJ45 cable depending upon your purchase preference
- Power cord
- Alligator clips (2)
- Shielding gas hose
- Electrodes (five 1.0 mm premium Sunstone tungsten electrodes)
- Fiberglass brush
If you purchased the microscope system:
- Orion microscope arm replaces ADL
- Microscope arm table mount
- Microscope arm support bar
You also need:
- Permanent Jewelry Kit
- Argon gas (premium Sunstone argon conveniently delivered to your door!)
- Argon gas regulator
- Pilot electrode sharpener
- Magnifying lens with LED lighting
- A selection of popular chain
- Mobile Power Supply: Get a Jackery power supply for ultra mobility! Great for pop-ups!
The Orion mPulse can be purchased with the Sunstone Circle protection plan. For a small monthly payment you can protect your investment for as long as you remain a member, receive VIP customer service, enjoy free shipping should your welder need repairs, and more! Learn More Here.
Start Your Own Permanent Jewelry Business
The popularity and demand for permanent jewelry creates a wonderful business opportunity. You don't have to be a jeweler to be a permanent jewelry artist. With the Orion mPulse and practice you can quickly learn to close even the smallest fine chain bracelet or anklet. All you need are the right tools.
Let's take a quick look at the numbers:
Most permanent jewelry artists are investing about USD $4,000 for all the tools and supplies they need to get started. You may invest a bit more, or bit less depending upon the type of chain you sell. To breakeven, sell 100 anklets or bracelets at USD $40.
How quickly can you sell 100 bracelets or anklets?
At fairs or home parties, some permanent jewelry artists are selling 10 chains in two to three hours. Given that rate, you'll break even after only 10 events! Of course, these numbers will change due to a number of different possibilities; but it does give you an idea of how quickly you can recoup your investment.
How do you sell permanent jewelry?
Fair, farmers markets, and home parties seem to have the biggest return. Or add permanent jewelry to your existing jewelry studio, beauty shop, boutique, tattoo or piercing studio.
Welder Model OptionsWelder with Basic Auto Darkening Lens, Welder with Upgraded Auto Darkening Lens, Welder with Microscope on Articulation Arm, Welder Mounted above Microscope on Articulation Arm
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
Sunstone offers a 30-day return policy on all products. Before sending a product back please contact Sunstone to receive an RMA number. The RMA number should appear clearly on the outside of the package. Customers are refunded via check. Please note that a 10% restocking fee will apply to all returns. A 30% restocking fee will apply to all 3rd party products (laser welders, laser engravers, PW - AC Welders, and AVIO products). Additionally, all 3rd party products must be insured when sent back to Sunstone at the buyer’s expense. In some cases, a merchant fee may apply. Equipment damaged by improper use or insufficient shipping precautions will be charged additional fees.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Orion or Sunstone product.
*Argon tanks have a $35 restocking fee, the tank must be emptied and left open with the protective cap put in place. All hazardous material and compressed gas stickers need to be removed from the packaging as the empty cylinder is not hazardous and doesn't contain compressed gas.
*Refunds will not be issued for services that have already been rendered such as shipping, calibration, or trainings.