PA250i Micro TIG Welder
- A very small heat affected zone during weld
- Ability to easily position welds exactly where you need them
- The versatility of welding of very small, thin, and delicate metal parts
- A wide range of metals that can be welded
- Simple and easy to use touch screen interface
- High level of precision with microscope
- Consistency and repeatability
- A simplified repair process by eliminating soldering
- Quality welds
- Very low maintenance on machine
- Small compact size designed to fit on and around any work bench.
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan Subscription
The best protection your investment has ever seen!
The most powerful Sunstone pulse arc welder delivers 250 joules of energy with precision and accuracy
When your production needs require more welding power, turn to Sunstone’s PA250i, where maximum digital energy control is combined with maximum energy availability. With 250 joules of power your welding capabilities are greatly increased. Available in three different configurations, the PA250i fits any production floor: In your shop, in an automated production line, or anywhere in between.
Sunstone’s PA Micro TIG Welder Provides:
- Dissimilar Welding Capabilities. The 250i’s power capabilities let you weld many dissimilar metal combinations!
- 3 Available Configurations: Stylus only, weld head, or CNC table, like the Janome Cartesian Robot (see reverse side).
- 250 Ws Max Energy. The most powerful Sunstone pulse arc micro welder.
- Weld materials as Thin as 0.0005” (0.0127mm). Enjoy extreme flexibility.
- Digital Control. Adjust and control all energy attributes with color touch screen.
- Visual Waveform Graphs. View energy waveforms, histograms, and more.
- PLC-Ready. With 5 outputs/2 inputs easily integrates into your production process.
- CNC Compatibility. Attaches to any CNC table, like the Janome Cartesian Robot, for maximum production levels
- 127 Remote Schedules. Saves time with quick access to saved welds.
- Import/Export Saved Welds. Easily transfer key settings to other units.
- Lock-Out Mode. Prevent unintended changes to production settings.
- Alarms and Warnings. Avoid time-consuming errors or potentially hazardous conditions.
- Built-in Training. How-to and set-up videos always at your fingertips.
- WiFi Software Upgrades. On-board software is easily maintained.
- 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
This product is also available online with Circle Plan!
- Micro TIG (Pulse Arc) Welder Specifications
Tabletop Footprint (L x W x H)12x12x50 cm
Welding Energy Range (Joules)0.2-250 Joules
Weld Spot Diameter Range≈ 0.1 - 5 mm
Display (Touch Screen)25 cm
Max Weld Speed1 weld/0.5 seconds
Available Weld Energy Settings20,000
High Frequency Agitation OptionsAdvanced
Save Setting SpacesUnlimited
5x Microscope MagnificationYes
Microscope IR & UV Eye ProtectionYes
20+ On-screen LanguagesYes
Arc Start TechnologyYes
Basic Screen Metal PresetsYes
On-screen Training VideosYes
Adaptive Weld IgnitionYes
Dynamic Energy AdjustmentYes
Multiple Welding WaveformsYes
Why Buy an Omega Welding System?
Precision and Power
Select power in 0.2 Ws increments up to 200 Ws —That’s over 20,000 available power settings! Weld spot sizes range from microns all the way up to 4.5mm. Whatever it is you weld, your Omega has the power to get the job done precisely.
Full Touch Screen
The Omega touch screen gives you complete control of your welder with an easy to use interface. No knobs or dials, just one touch access to everything you need including a multimedia page full of instructional videos and documents. This makes our welders intuitive to use and easily upgradeable for future features as they are released in free software updates.
This technology prolongs the life of the electrode by monitoring and lifting the electrode prior to releasing the weld. This safeguards the electrode from misfires and sticking to the workpiece. In turn, you spend more time welding and less time sharpening an electrode.
Weld Speed Modes
Take control of the speed of your system. Select one of two modes — single (1 weld p/sec) or rapid (up to 5 welds p/sec) and keep the work pace at the speed you want—not where the welder dictates.
Highest Quality Standards
When you purchase an Omega, take confidence in knowing that it was designed, produced, and assembled to the highest quality standards in the industry—in other words, it’s the best you can buy.
Superior Customer Service
Before, during, and after the sale, we want to be your resource for years to come. We guarantee that every interaction with our company will be courteous and friendly in answering your questions or helping in any way we can.
Adaptive Weld Ignition Mode
Automatically adjusts weld timing to adapt to varying pressure applied to the electrode by the user. This provides for more consistent weld results. Less variation in the weld timing allows for more predictable results. Adaptive Weld Ignition also allows for less variation between different users.
Advanced Low Current Ignition
Automatic smart adjustment of pre-weld current to provide the best weld possible. Whether you are welding on a small microscopic wire or a large thick piece, the i Series will automatically adjust the Pre-Weld current to match your weld. This will provide you with even more consistent welds at any power level.
Dynamic Energy Adjustment
Adjust weld energy up or down without touching the screen. When this mode is active, operators may press the foot pedal to momentarily change the weld. Users can choose to increase or decrease the weld energy by up to 50% while the foot pedal is pressed. This can be useful for making energy adjustments without using hands or looking away from the scope.
Mini -Screen for Quick Settings Adjustment
A small section of main screen is customizable to display a variety of important information. The mini screen has helpful weld settings that can be adjusted from the main screen without having to enter the main settings screen. This allows for quick adjustment to find the perfect weld settings even easier. The mini screen can be used for a number of purposes with a large selection of options.
Not sure what that button or features does, or why it is important? Description mode uses the mini screen to help explain the last used feature. A brief description and helpful tips are included in the mini screen. This is a must for a new user or anyone trying to better understand the features of this machine.
Improved Classic Waveform Performance
With continual improvement aiming to get the best possible weld, the i series comes with an improved Classic waveform. Triangle and Square waveforms are still available. This improved classic mode will give even better welds in classic mode, which will result in a smoother finish and less polishing after welding.
Welding Made Simple - The 3 step process to setting your weld parameters.
The Orion 200i Basic Screen makes it easy to find the perfect settings for your weld
1. Select the metal you are working with to setup the optimum waveform.
2. Select your joint type to get the best weld ignition.
3. Select your power to achieve the best melt spot.
Additional Weld Parameter Options
Select Trigger Type then push Play.
How to trigger your weld
In Pulse Arc welding the Arc Gap is vitally important in both a good weld and a constant weld. The Orion Sylus Handpiece has a built-in retract feature that will produce the perfect weld gap every time. This allows for a perfect, consistent weld gap every time you weld. Below are the simple trigger options that are quick, easy and precise.
Every Orion Welding System uses “Touch Detect” weld activation. This is the recommended trigger operation for pulse arc mode because it allows you quick, accurate, and simple weld triggers, However in Tack mode foot pedal is best. “Touch Detect” is used by simply connecting the ground and touching the electrode to your workpiece, and let the machine do the rest. Touch Detect allows you to work without having to constantly search for a foot pedal. All of the parts needed are easily in sight and within reach. Touch detect also allows you to trigger welds with greater precision, as you touch exactly where you want the weld to be. There is no missing & hitting your fingers or out of focus welds, just perfect weld each time you touch the piece.
Most of the Orion Welding systems(Excluding mPulse) include the “Foot Pedal” trigger system. This includes the foot switch that will allow you to trigger the welds only when the foot pedal is pressed. The foot pedal is recommended when using the Tack function. This is great for when you need extreme precision. You simply connect the foot switch into the unit, select “Foot Pedal” on the main screen. You bring the electrode into contact with the piece, and once everything is in perfect position press the foot pedal. This feature is especially handy when welding in a groove, or pocket, this will prevent you from welding on the sides, and ensure that you get the weld where you want it.
What comes with your Omega Welding System?
Every Omega Welding System includes the following items:
(International Converter Included)
Alligator Grounding Clips
Stylus Hand Piece
(Pre-Installed with 1.0mm Collet)
Jump Ring Pliers
(5 - 1mm & 5 – 0.5mm)
(Mounted on Articulating Arm)
(1/4″ OD Clear Argon Tubing)
Microscope Eye Covers
Hex Wrench Set
(Every Hex wrench used on the Orion included)
0.5mm & 1.0mm Collets
(For use with Orion Tungsten Electrodes)
(Used to precisely trigger welds)
(Used to clean blackness from weld area)
(For Use with any Rotary Tool to Sharpen Electrodes and Clean them)
Introducing the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
HOW A SMALL MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION CAN PROVIDE A LARGE UMBRELLA OF PROTECTION!
For your welder, it's a scary world out there! Welders get dropped, get abused, or just stop working. You have to protect your welder for any unfortunate incident. And the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan is an innovative way to safeguard your welder investment.
Just another warranty extension plan?
Anybody can sell you another year or two of warranty coverage. The Sunstone Circle is much, much more than an extended warranty. Here's what a small monthly subscription will deliver in peace of mind and exceptional customer service:
Sunstone Circle Protection Plan
For as long as your welder is covered by the Sunstone Circle your warranty never expires. You’ll never deal with lifeless warranty extensions, but rather enjoy a forever warranty. And that’s a big circle of protection!
If you need a loaner unit while your welder is being repaired, we’ll send one. We’re going to do all we can to keep your production levels up. If you’re in the circle, we’ll take care of you!
Sometimes it makes more sense to simply replace a welder with the newest model rather than make a repair. At Sunstone’s discretion, we’ll send you the newest model to keep your shop happy and healthy!
Free Software Upgrades
When your welder is powered by the latest software improvements your shop becomes more productive and capable. You’ll have access to all software upgrades when you join the Sunstone Circle!
Should your Sunstone welder ever need repair, we’ll cover the shipping costs for ground service within the United States. If you need it faster, simply pay the difference. Need it shipped internationally? Give us a call!
Expedited Customer Service
At Sunstone every customer is a VIP, but when you’re part of the circle your request for customer service gets moved to the front of the line. You get extra attention! Just another perk when you subscribe today.
More Valuable Member Benefits!
You’ll receive snazzy Sunstone swag, a subscription to Micro Welding Today magazine, invitations to VIP events, Inside the Circle e-newsletter, and new product trial opportunities. Call now to join the circle!
Sunstone Circle FAQ’s
• Can I place any welder in the protection plan? - Any Sunstone welder can be added to the protection plan but only at the time it is purchased. If you already own a Sunstone welder, you may be better served by an extended warranty.
• How long is my welder’s warranty under the protection plan? - Your welder is under warranty for as long as you remain subscribed to the plan for that particular welder. At Sunstone’s discretion, at some point your welder may be replaced by a new model if replacement makes more sense than repair.
• What is the subscription price for my welder? - The monthly subscription rate changes based on the list price of your welder at the time it is sold. Subscriptions start at $15 per month per welder. Call your Sunstone representative for a quote specific to the welder you wish to purchase.
• How does the loaner part of the plan work? - If your Sunstone welder needs repair at our facility, we’ll provide your shop with a similar model while yours is being repaired. As a result, your shop remains productive.
• Can I cancel my subscription at any time? - We may be confused why, but you can cancel your plan anytime after the first year. If you cancel, you will not be able to reactivate your subscription for the same welder. Sunstone reserves the right to cancel your subscription at our discretion.
• Free shipping? Anywhere in the United States? - Yes! If your welder needs repair we’ll pay for any necessary shipping costs via ground service. If you need it faster, just pay the difference. If you live outside the United States, call us and we’ll work to reduce the shipping costs accordingly.
• How can I review all of the plan’s terms of service? - Ask your Sunstone sales representative to include the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan in your quote!
Terms of Service
These terms of service (as amended from time to time, this “Agreement”) is between Sunstone Engineering LLC, a Utah limited liability company (collectively, “Company,” “we,” or “us) and the subscriber as identified on the applicable order form (“Customer,” “you,” or “your”) and sets forth the details of the Sunstone Circle Protection Plan (“Plan”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before subscribing to the Plan. By subscribing to the Plan the Customer acknowledges its acceptance of this Agreement and represents that Customer is authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of itself and/or its organization.
1. Warranty Details - We will repair or replace your covered welder without cost to you for any defect in design, manufacturer, damage incurred during shipping to/from your facility to ours, or for normal wear and tear. Intentional damage is not covered by the Plan. Accidental damage or destruction that is covered by any property insurance policy is excluded by the Plan. Damage due to shipping and covered by the shipping agent is not covered by the Plan. Any accidental damage or destruction due to civil unrest, earthquake, war, or any other natural or manmade event similar to the aforementioned is not covered by the Plan.
2. Loaner Provisions - Should your welder require repair at our facility, we will ship a similar welder to you for use while your welder is being repaired. We will cover the cost of shipping the loaned welder via ground service to and from your facility. Electrodes, handpieces, compressed gas, and all other ancillary hardware and equipment is excluded from the Plan. You assume full liability for the loaned welder when delivered to your facility and accept all financial responsibility for damage. The loaned welder is not covered by the Plan. You agree to return the loaned welder to the Company within 14 days after your welder has been repaired and received by you. For international shipping, the Plan will pay a portion of the shipping costs, an amount determined solely by the Company and subsequently communicated to you in writing.
3. Replacement Provisions - At the Company's discretion, we may elect to replace your welder that is covered by the Plan rather than repair it. Should we decide to replace your welder, we will replace it with the current model, a similar model, a refurbished model, or offer a discount on a new model. We will ship the replacement at our expense via ground service to your facility.
4. Complimentary Shipping Provisions - The Plan will pay for any necessary shipping for repairs via ground service within the United States. You may choose to have your welder shipped via air or any other type of expedited service but agree to pay the difference in cost between ground and the other service. For international shipping, the Plan will pay a portion of the shipping costs, an amount determined solely by the Company and subsequently communicated to you in writing. You agree to cover any and all shipping charges for undeliverable packages, after-hours or weekend delivery, refused delivery, special handling, or any other charge similar to the aforementioned.
5. Software Upgrade Provisions - From time to time the Company will make changes to the software used to operate specific models of its welders. You will receive a notification, electronically or otherwise, when these upgrades are ready for download. Follow the software upgrade instructions that came with your welder.
6. Expedited Customer Service Provisions - When you contact Sunstone Customer Service and identify yourself as a Sunstone Circle Protection Plan subscriber, your request for customer service will be prioritized higher than other requests from customers who are not subscribed to the Plan.
7. Other Plan Benefits - For as long as you are subscribed to the Plan you will receive issues of the Micro Welding Today magazine as they become available without charge. You will also receive the Inside the Circle newsletter electronically as they become available. You will receive invitations to meet with Company representatives at key industry events. The Plan does not include costs you may incur to attend those events. From time to time the Company will develop new products or enhance existing products and may make these products available to you for testing. You are under no obligation to purchase these new products; however, your use, examination, or feedback is requested. Upon your authorization, we will ship these new products to your facility for 30 days of examination upon which time you will return the product to Sunstone using the original packaging. The plan will pay for all shipping costs. Your participation in trial use of these products is voluntary.
8. Plan Payment and Terms - You agree to pay the monthly subscription by automated electronic transfer (ACH) or credit card. Charges will appear on your banking or credit card statement as Sunstone Engineering LLC. You will not receive a monthly invoice. You agree to remain subscribed to the Plan for twelve consecutive months. Should you cancel before the initial 12-month term ends, you will be responsible for any and all costs incurred to collect the remaining subscription. You may cancel the Plan at any time after the initial twelve months. To cancel, send a written request to email@example.com or by mail to Sunstone Engineering LLC, Attn: Accounting, 1693 American Way Ste 5, Payson UT 84651 USA.
9. Force Majeure - The Company's ability to fulfill its obligations under the Plan is subject to acts of God, war, government regulation, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or any other emergency beyond the Company's control, making it impossible to perform its obligations under this Agreement. Either party may cancel this Agreement for any one or more of such reasons upon written notice to the other.
10. Changes, Alterations, and Cancellations - The Company retains the right to change, alter, modify, or cancel the Plan or cancel only your subscription at any time with or without cause with written notice. The Company's obligations under the Plan prior to cancellation will be fulfilled according to this Agreement.
11. Dispute Resolution - In the event of a disagreement in which you and the Company are unable to reach a mutually agreeable resolution, you agree to use a licensed mediator appointed by the Company to resolve all disputes. Each party shall be responsible for the costs they incur for mediation.
We Deliver Worldwide
- Unless indicated otherwise in the Acknowledgment, Delivery shall be made EXW (Incoterms 2010), Shipping Point, including without limitation, freight, and insurance costs. If no delivery terms are specified on the Acknowledgement, the method of shipping will be at the sole discretion of Seller. Unless directed in writing otherwise by Buyer, full invoice value will be declared for all shipments.
Return Goods Policy.
Seller’s products may be returned to Seller for credit within thirty (30) days of the shipment subject to the following conditions.
- In order to return products for credit, the Buyer must obtain an RMA number from Seller. Upon receipt, it must be executed by an authorized person and then returned with the Goods. Goods returned to Seller without an RMA will be returned at Buyer’s expense.
- Goods are to be returned to Seller at 1693 American Way #5 Payson, UT with Freight Prepaid. Seller will not accept collect shipments.
- Restocking fees will be assessed in accordance with the following schedules: (i) Goods returned within the first thirty (30) days from the shipment date will be restocked less six percent (6%) of the amount billed on the original invoice. (ii) No returns are allowed after thirty (30) days from the original shipping date.
- The restocking fees set forth above are the minimum fees. If a returned Good requires rework to restore it to a saleable condition, further charges will be assessed. Seller’s quality assurance department will document the condition of the Goods when received by Seller and report their findings to Buyer. The following Goods cannot be returned, are not eligible for any credit, and cannot be restocked: (i) custom or modified products and (ii) any consumable product(s) that have been used.
*DADO Laser Welder – No cash refunds available for the dado laser welder. However, The Dado Laser Welder may be returned within 30 days for credit towards another Sunstone product.